Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bodyline review - neutral

My bodyline order has arrived! :D
I bought 2 dresses this time. L378 and L367 both in black.
update*** in my attempt to improve this review, I've included more pics and flaws I've discovered during my insomnia~
Images after jump






Small details that I love, heart shapes!! <3
No complain on this dress. It is exactly what I imagined when I bought it.

Dress #2: Teddy bears :D
Front:


Stare at the above pic for 5 more secs and tell me if you notice anything, my wishful thinking tells me it's not that visible, but I know I shouldn't trust myself...

Back:


The ties are not detachable, but this is no biggie, I never take them off anyways~

Tie A:
The teddy bear is centered both front and back, the seams are barely visible, it's great!

Tie B front:

The teddy bear is slight off, but this is bearable.

Tie B back:

The teddy bear is really off, and it just looks ugly (to me). So I guess when I wear this dress I need to make sure the prettier side is facing up.

Close up on the lace:

The lace are of cotton, and it's soft, it's not top of the line, but it's good enough for a $60 dress.

The boo boo:


Does anyone know how can I fix this? This dress is absolutely adorable and I want to wear it, but this smudge? sharpie mark? whatever this is is makes me want to cry T__T

Close up of the bodice:

The buttons are made with cheap plastic, though it's a cute shape. Maybe I'm just too cynical on this one.
Both dresses are made with the similar (if not the same) type of fabric (some kind of cotton blend)

I paid them on the 23rd, got my tracking number on the 25th, but they didn't ship it out till 28th. It shows arrived at United States on the 30th and tracking didn't update ever since, and lastly I found a note on my door step on the 5th saying I missed the delivery.

Product: 3 (5 if this smudge didn't happen D: )
Shipping: 5 as usual
Overall: 4

Why did I give 5 for shipping you may ask, I paid $10 for shipping, I'm really not going to complain, and plus, I buy stuff online too often I'm used to long wait.

The potential partial outfit: 

Still debating if I want to wear wrist cuffs or just some bracelets with it, I also can't decide white/black socks, or how to do my hair, suggestions welcome! :)

And if you have a solution on how to fix/hide the smudge, please please please tell me.

4 comments:

  1. Actually, I didn't notice any smudge until you pointed it out. However I admit it's more visible on the last photo, yet not that much you should avoid wearing this dress. It's really cute and I myself like the print very much.
    I don't know how to get rid of the spot, but maybe you could buy sharpie in the color of the lighter stripes and try to mask the black places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO. DO NOT DO THIS. If you do this the sharpie colors will mix, and smudge.

      Delete
  2. I didn't notice at all until the close-up picture. It looks like some ink come out of the print. I have a cosplay dress with a similar stain (some guy all painted of green bumped in me ¬¬') and I paint it with "fabric tint" (sorry I don't know the correct word to this in English) and it's more subtle now. Pretty dresses, by the way. I love the bears one, it's a shame it's sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what size is the black dress L378 from Bodyline ?
    I bought the same in cream but I don´t know how the dress looks like in the size 2L.
    I'm waiting for my dress but I will like to see the dress before it arrives.
    the dress has not yet arrived. I have payed with Paypal and chose the AIR selection. I know that people to bought by Bodyline must have wait a long time for the Clothes,Shoes...
    So I was wait for this lovely dress *-*
    I hope you write me back :)
    gc

    ReplyDelete